At Parklands Community Church we take the welfare of our church family and community seriously. We are monitoring the advice provided by Public Health England and the church-specific advice provided by the Baptist Union of Great Britain.
At the moment there are no restrictions on public gatherings that would limit our church activities. As such we will continue to meet together on Sundays at 11am as usual.
However, we are also taking extra precautions to help keep everyone healthy.
- We are asking that everyone wash their hands as they enter The Radio Wing and use the antibacterial hand gel provided too.
- Whilst we always aim to be a friendly church, at the moment we’re encouraging people not to greet each other with handshakes or hugs – a smile and a wave will do.
- We will not use shared cups or loaves when taking communion
- We will ensure extra cleaning takes place, especially on door handles etc.
Most importantly, we’re asking everyone in our community to follow the advice provided by Public Health England.
- If you have a new continuous cough and/or a high temperature, please stay at home and self-isolate for 7 days. If your symptoms worsen or you are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online.
- Wash your hands more than usual, for 20 seconds using soap and hot water.
- When you cough, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue and throw it away immediately. If you don’t have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hand.
We believe that we can live and act as family, even when we’re not gathered together. If you do have to self-isolate, we still want to offer support and care. Whether you need help with your shopping, or a chat on the phone, or prayer, we’re here. You can get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We will continue to follow guidance set out by Public Health England and will adapt our meetings and events accordingly.
Parklands Community Church, 14 March 2020